We hope you love the products we recommend and just so you know that as an Amazon Associate MyEngineNeeds may earn from qualifying purchases.
It doesn’t matter if you are a gearhead or not, you know how important transmission fluid for your car is when you cruise around varying temperature zones. The fluid inside your car can freeze when you don’t pay attention to it properly, but you won’t have to fret over such details when you’ll hear what RED LINE has to offer.
RED LINE has an incredible history in the transmission fluid market and has been in the top 10 for a long time, so naturally their product is going to be good.
Transmission as a component is neglected normally because it doesn’t have any proper connection with the starting and turning off feature of the car because of let’s face it, we only care about those two. But little do people know that the Transmission is an extremely costly part to fix on a vehicle so you should get the best care for it when you do.
RED LINE’s Synthetic ATF
Introducing the RED LINE D4 Automatic Transmission Fluid – 1 Quart which is an amazing solution for all of your shifting issues in the cold. It is an incredibly engineered transmission fluid that helps to keep your needs fulfilled.
The RED LINE D4 ATF is miles better than the factory fluid your car is generally accustomed to. You can even change your factory fluid with this product at around 12k miles due to its immense durability.
RED LINE D4 ATF also provides incredible high-temperature functioning of the car without valves being varnished and also provides decreased viscosity by the clutches.
Why do we need Red Line Automatic Transmission Fluid?
Transmission fuel is an important component to keep the car functioning because it is very expensive to replace a transmission and a car can’t run without it. Other important properties of transmission fuel are as follows:
- Improving the cooling ability and reducing high temperatures in the mechanical assembly that will affect the performance of the car
- Condition the gaskets
- Protect and clean metal surfaces of the car that might get unnoticed by an unworthy transmission fluid
- Provide the right amount of viscosity
- Extend rotational speed and temperature range
- Prevent foam and oxidation of fluid in the transmission assembly
- Extend the life of the fluid
Recommended Transmissions for RED LINE D4 ATF
Transmission fluid is a very delicate and important choice you can make for your vehicle and unless you are sure which is the right one, don’t rush it and make your choice as calmly as possible.
RED LINE is a household name when it comes to transmission fluids, for a long time and if you want to go with their most popular fluid the D4 ATF, you can’t go wrong.
RED LINE D4 ATF is recommended for manual and auto transmissions, such as:
- Dexron® III
- Dexron® II
- Mercon® V
- Toyota Type T-III and T-IV
- Honda ATF Z1
- Nissan Matic D & J
- Diamond SP-II
- Diamond SP-III
- Mazda ATF M-V
- later BMW manual and automatic
- VW ATF
When a market is diverse as it is nowadays, you can get very confused while choosing anything for your car or even for yourself for that matter. There are many transmission fluid choices in the market right now, but you still have to count the history of a company as well as the specific properties of the product, as a positive point while choosing anything. The different types of fluid choices in the market are as follows:
- Dexron/Mercon: These are the most important competition synthetic fluids face today. Dexron and Mercon are very similar to each other in the properties department which is probably why they are always grouped together. Both of these consists of friction modifiers and a large number of other fluid grades are based on these two as the base standards.
- HFM Fluids: HFM Stands for Highly Friction Modified which is pretty self-explanatory. This transmission fluid properly consists of amazing friction modifiers for vehicles that require a lot of friction reduced with their transmission fluid. This reduced friction in the mechanical parts of the transmission results in smoother shifting experience but the lack of weather resistance still takes a toll on the gear changing during weather shifts.
- Synthetic Fluids: Synthetic fluids are amazingly popular in today’s market and just FYI the RED LINE D4 ATF also falls under this category. These fluids are very closely related to Dexron and Mercon because all of them very closely meet each other’s specifications.
Synthetic options offer amazing performance and service right off the bat and it reveals its trump cards in temperature changing environments. This has improved resistance to heat and cold and provides a seamless shifting experience.
They also have improved resistance to processes like oxidation, friction, and shearing that are harmful to the car. One thing to remember is that there are cheaper options on the market than Synthetic fluids, but they are cheaper for a reason and lack the amazing resistive abilities of synthetic fluids.
- Type F: This type of specification not used in contemporary cars, but it was used in the cars of the 1970s and they did not include friction modifiers because they were not very safety conscious in that era. This resulted in friction in the mechanical parts of the transmission. You won’t see that optimistic attitude in the safety departments of modern car industry, but it was a substantial part of the car industry of the last century.
We know what you must be feeling right now amidst all of these options for you to take care of your care more efficiently. But no matter how deeper we combed the internet reviews for transmission fluids they all were happy with synthetic fluids more than the competition because of their resistive properties against temperature change and natural processes like oxidization and friction.
The price might not be a plus point in their favor but hey, your car is important to you and the money you save by buying cheaper products today will only result in spending it on a later day buying a new transmission. So, invest wisely.
Last update on 2020-06-05 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API